Monday, April 1, 2013

04.01.13

"A person isn't who they are during the last conversation you had with them - they're who they've been throughout your whole relationship..."
Rainer Maria Rilke

One of the most touching and frightening things anyone has ever said to me is:  "You know me."

Where does one go with that thought?  Do we take this to mean in the whole, in the moment or in the future?

In looking at this inventory - who I am changes, though my core integrity remains...  but relationships change.  We must alway being taking constant inventory:  what was here, what is here and what needs to be here.  These are muscles we need to develop.

I started working out these muscles again a couple of weeks ago and am slowing getting back into the universal rhythm of it.  The effort is worth it.

There will be pain with growth - but every day it will be better.


2 comments: