Thursday, February 7, 2013

02.07.13

"When I say, 'I love you,' it's not because I want you or because I can't have you.  It has nothing to do with me.  I love what you are, what you do, how you try.  I've seen you kindness and your strength.  I've seen the best and the worst of you.  And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are.  You're a hell of a [person]"  -  Joss Whedon (Spike to Buffy)

There are only a few people I could fairly share that quote with, and I sincerely count that as a blessing.  Last night I got an epic text - whose subtext was simple:  I love you, I miss you...why are we so far apart.

To love for the sake of loving - what a wonderful thing.  To love without expectation, to give off freely the light of love knowing that it will never run out...  that is the kind of love I want to embody and give to those around me.  (and to one day have found that man in whose eyes those sentiments will be felt, even if the words can not surface through my lips)

No comments: