Wednesday, February 27, 2013

02.27.13

"We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all."
Eleanor Roosevelt


On a flight, recently, I fell asleep.  I had a pleasant dream, that quickly turned into something else.  My sincere apologizes to the lady seated next to me (6B) on flight 5 of Alaska Airlines - for I woke up startled and tried my best to recover quickly.

What I find fascinating about dreams is how deeply we are allowed to reveal ourself to ourself, if we are open to in.  In this dream I realized something about myself:  I have come a long way, I have clean house pretty impressively, and I have placed some heavy locks on the door of that home.  I have not yet decided if this a good thing or not - in the dream it was not.  Maybe it was a question being asked?  Maybe showing the outcome of not being more vulnerable to the universe?

Either way - what I choose to focus on is finding the courage to care, and then care more.  I am terrified, but what is life without a little risk?

No comments: