Friday, July 5, 2013

07.05.13

“When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.” 
― Jess C. ScottThe Intern

There is an echo in your voice I can not reach.  I see you, I know you, but there is a space between that -no matter how strong my faith- I fear you do not wish me to cover.  So, I will wait.  Patiently wait.  And even if never is as close to you as I get, I will still hold to faith and hope - because this is what we do for love.  We survive.  We build.  We hope and we forgive.  We wait and in waiting serve the world around us...  because love requires actions and not words.  Words are lovely - like the petting of hair or a soft blink - but what LOVE requires is fierce devotion.  The bold hug that hearts beat through skin, the breath lost with a simple hand hold, the knowing sacrifice of time and energy and no thought other than:  can I do more for you.

The way you say my name sounds different...  and from the moment I met you I knew:  we are eternal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've learned that love is the completeness of one's self. The full circle of each other's existence.