Sunday, June 9, 2013

06.07.13

“I wonder why I don't go to bed and go to sleep. But then it would be tomorrow, so I decide that no matter how tired, no matter how incoherent I am, I can skip one hour more of sleep and live.” 
― Sylvia Plath

Last night, I dreamt you announced your engagement.  Typically good news, right?  For me, it made it easier to walk away from you.  Not because of the announcement, but because of what led up to it.

Our dreams are funny creatures, not always of the soul - sometimes dialogues (maybe even arguments) of the soul and mind and heart...

My lesson learned from this last night had nothing to do with you - but that I plan on sleeping more consistently so that I may live more, give more, love more...  and on those nights when dreams like that come - not sleep to dream.

No comments: